Thailand has announced new entry requirements for the travellers and tourist around the world. The new “Test and Go” entry requirements for Thailand make it easier for the visitors to enjoy their holidays with lesser hassle.
Thailand Entry Requirements
As announced on 27 February, 2022 – Fully vaccinated travelers are accepted to entry into Thailand. Only travelers who have received vaccines registered by the Food and Drug Administration of Thailand or approved by Ministry of Public Health or World Health Organization will be accepted for traveling.
- Fully vaccinated travelers who have received vaccine as per criteria mentioned above
- Have completed vaccination at least 14 days prior to departure
- Aged 12-17 may be vaccinated with only one dose of vaccination
- Unvaccinated children aged under 18 must register and travel with their parent or legal guardian
- Paid SHA Extra+ / AQ hotel booking confirmation for 1 day including the fee for 1 RT-PCR test, 1 ATK self-test kit and airport transfer
- Insurance with minimum coverage of USD 20,000
Steps to Enter Thailand
In order to plan your entry into Thailand, tourists must adhere to following procedure.
- Register on Thailand Pass. The processing takes 3 to 7 days.
- Prior to departure, obtain RT-PCR test result issued within 72 hours before departure. If tested positive, a medical certificate indicating that your first date of infection is at least 14 days but no more than 90 days before your date of departure is required
- Upon arrival in Thailand, pass through designated checkpoints before proceeding to your hotel via a sealed-route (airport transfer arranged by hotel)
- Undergo a RT-PCR test and wait for test result at your hotel
- Take ATK self-test on Day 5-6 and report the test result as instructed by Ministry of Public Health
Travel Insurance for Thailand
It is now mandatory to have travel insurance for entry into Thailand. The travel insurance must cover minimum USD 20,000 medical coverage. Price of a seven days travel insurance having coverage of USD 25,000 medical expense for Pakistani Nationals starts just from PKR 1400.
You can book your travel insurance with us and get up to 15% discount with the promise of instant issuance.